- A recent comparative study of eight European countries (Kulczycki et al, 2018) revealed important differences across countries and SSH disciplines in terms of language use and publication types. Building on this work this STSM will contribute to the further understanding of those differences by studying the coverage of journal publications from Central European Countries in major international indexes;
- Identify trends in terms of coverage by a major international index and disentangle them in terms of changes in publication patterns and indexing of additional journals (cf. Ossenblok, Engels and Sivertsen, 2012).
- Analysis of the coverage in a major international index of journal publications from two or more CEE countries in recent years;
- Analysis of the scope (regional vs international) and the reputation indicators of the indexed journals that have been published from CEE countries;
- Conference presentation and publication in peer-reviewed journal.
Special criteria for this STSM: The applicant has access to and is familiar with the data infrastructure in a central European country; the applicant is familiar with the interfaces of major international indexes; data collection is anticipated to take place prior to the STSM.
Practical details: Working group: WG3 (databases and uses of data for understanding SSH research);
Duration: between 2 weeks and 2 months;
Location: Centre for R&D monitoring (ECOOM), University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium;
Contact: Raf Guns (firstname.lastname@example.org).