- The application of the research to the field of the Action – a detailed work plan will help determine if the scientific aims of the work will be applicable to the Action’s aims.
- The home institution of the researcher – We will take into account the number of applications from each institution to ensure a fair spread of researches across the network.
- The experience of the researcher – in line with COST Office rules, we will preferentially award STSMs to early stage researchers (PhD + <8 years). This should not discourage more experienced researchers from applying but their chances of being selected are slightly reduced.
- The publication potential of the research carried out – a short publication plan as part of the workplan, including intended journal, aim/working title and timescale for submission, will help to identify the most promising research.
- Geographical and gender balance issues will be taken into consideration;
- The research should fit into the host institutions’ research profile.
How to apply for an STSM
Interested Researchers are advised to follow the directions provided below and submit their application and supporting documents to Mimi Urbanc (email@example.com) by the deadline of the 30/04/2017.
The Application Process
- 1. All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in section 6 of the COST Vademecum: COST Action Part 1 – Short Term Scientific Mission (pages 32–35). This document is available at: http://cost.eu/participate/guidelines and http://www.google.si/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi0uOvj77vOAhUC7BQKHQ8aD1IQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cost.eu%2Fdownload%2FCOST_Vademecum_Part_1_COST_Actions&usg=AFQjCNELzE83WJOCe-263FVg6mdDwY0RVA&sig2=13nkkxBQE404fZRRxjGV0Q&bvm=bv.129422649,d.bGg.
- All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/ – adding their bank account details to their profile.
- All applicants must complete, submit and download their STSM application online at: https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm.
- 4. All applicants must send their submitted STSM application form and the relevant supporting documents to Mimi Urbanc firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation before the application submission deadline expire
The list of supporting documents to be submitted for the evaluation includes:
- The submitted STSM application form (downloadable when the online application is submitted – see point 3 above)
- A motivation letter including an overview of the proposed activities that will be performed which must contain a plan of work for the visit highlighting the proposed contribution to the scientific objectives of the ENRESSH COST Action and the general activities of the host institution;
- A letter of support from the Home Institution;
- A Full C.V. (including a list of academic publications – if applicable). The CV must include the award date of the applicants PhD and their current position.
The applications will then be assessed by the Action Chair, STSM Coordinator and researchers affiliated to the Host institutions.
- The applicant will be formally notified of the outcome of their STSM application by Mimi Urbanc on the 30/04/2017.
- Within 30 days from the end date of the STSM, the successful applicant must submit a scientific report to the Host institution and to Mimi Urbanc. The applicant is also responsible for acquiring an official acceptance letter / Email confirmation of acceptance from a senior Researcher affiliated to the Host institution formally accepting the scientific report. This formal acceptance of the scientific report has to be sent to the Grant Holder and Mimi Urbanc for archiving purposes.
Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days from the end date of the STSM will effectively cancel the grant.
(Please note that COST can request additional information to substantiate the information contained within the documents submitted by STSM applicants).
Deadline for applications to be submitted: 01/11/2017
Notification of application outcome: 15/11/2017
Period of STSM: between 01/12/2017 and 15/02/2018
Submitting the reports: within 30 days from the end date (not later than by 15/03/2018)
Accepting/ rejecting the reports: by 30/04/2018
Execution the payment of the grant: after receipt of the approval (by 30/04/2018).
ENRESSH will be organizing a number of training schools on SSH evaluation related topics